.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Online CPM Advertising | Advertising blog

Marva Whitney- It's My Thing (1969)- 2000 Remaster- EAC Vinyl Rip (16 bit FLAC)

marva whitney- it's my thing
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

And who better to ring in the Holiday season than the Hardest Working Woman in Show Business...Marva Whitney!!!


marva whitney- it's my thing

Marva Whitney- It's My Thing (Pt. 1)

From the original liner notes:

Here is a little girl with a great big voice and a bigger future. Her style is all her own; her sound is distinctive and exciting. Marva Whitney is a bright young star and is destined to be a big star. This, her second album is aptly titled "It's My Thing", because soul is Marva's thing! Marva was in college in Kansas City singing in local clubs, churches, and other social gatherings when she went to see Mr. James Brown. Mr. Brown talked to her, liked her attitude and gave her an audition with his band. The rest is history...

Marva joined the James Brown show as featured girl vocalist replacing Vickie Anderson. She has appeared with the goup in concert ever since, and on the tips to Vietnam, Africa and other parts of the world; in talking about Marva Whitney and her talents one has to mention her power; her driving style; her dedication to the strong melody line. Blessed with an exceptional range, she blends perfectly with James brown on duets; they team together on Sunny in this album. Her recent credits include featured appearances on the Joey Bishop Show, the Steve Allen Show, the Donald O'Connor Show and others. Dig this girl; she's groovy; she's a bright new talent who is destined to be around for a long time. She sings soul; sings it better than most; plus she sings soul with James Brown.



marva whitney- it's my thing

Technical Information:

Artist: Marva Whitney
Album: It's My Thing (2000 Remaster)
Year: 1969

Audio Codec(s): FLAC
Encoding: Lossless
Rip: EAC Vinyl Rip
Avg. bitrate: 849 kb/s
Sample rate: 44100 Hz
Bits per sample: 16
Channels: 2
File size: 313 MB
Length: 0:51:35


Personnel:

James Brown: producer
Marva Whitney: vocals
Maceo Parker: saxophone
Fred Wesley: trombone
St. Clair Pinckney: saxophone
Alan Ellis: saxophone
Richard "Kush" Griffith: trumpet
Jimmy Nolen: guitar
Clyde Stubblefield: drums


marva whitney- it's my thing

Tracklisting:

01. It's My Thing (Pt. 1) (2:53)
02. It's My Thing (Pt. 2) (1:53)
03. Things Got to Get Better (Get Together) (3:02)
04. What Kind of Man (2:12)
05. If You Love Me (2:53)
06. In the Middle (Instrumental) (2:48)
07. Unwind Yourself (2:51)
08. You Got to Have a Job (If You Don't Work, You Can't Eat) (4:12)
09. I'll Work It Out (2:58)
10. Get Out of My Life (2:59)
11. I'm Tired I'm Tired I'm Tired (Things Better Change Before It's Too Late (2:31)
12. Shades of Brown (Instrumental) (3:06)

Bonus Tracks:

13. I Made a Mistake Because It's Only You (Pt. 1) (3:01)
14. I Made a Mistake Because It's Only You (Pt. 2) (3:01)
15. What Do I Have to Do to Prove My Love to You (2:28)
16. He's the One (2:33)
17. This Girl's In Love with You (2:59)
18. Sunny (Duet with James Brown) (3:17)


marva whitney- it's my thing


It's My Thing Megaupload Link