.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Online CPM Advertising | Advertising blog

Red House Painters- Down Colorful Hill (1992)- EAC CD Rip (FLAC)

red house painters- down colorful hill
You ever had a love/hate relationship with an album? Well, I do with Down Colorful Hill, and allow me to explain...
I'm an Elliott Smith fan, so Death Cab for Cutie/ Bright Eyes-like, meandering, sophomoric lyrics make me cringe, then completely shut down, even though the band may have merit. This is the downside to being an Elliott Smith fan- one can easily become jaded. It's the Slaughterhouse Five syndrome: All you want from life is Valerie Perrine and your dying dog.

With that being said, I've always loved Mark Kozelek's depressive soundscapes...it just that (at times) I don't buy his melodramatic lyrics. They can really fuck up a good song.

And yes, I realize that Down Colorful Hill is an album from a still-maturing artist. I also realize that people have different tastes, and that tracks such as Medicine Bottle and Japanese to English are lyrically beautiful to some. Not me. I'd rather have Kozelek chill with the incessant lyrics and let the music have more of a voice, which is what he's been doing with his newer solo projects and Sun Kil Moon.

So why did I post this album? I dunno. It's good to listen to when it's raining, and it's been raining alot. And I do love 24 and Down Colorful Hill, and I've alway wanted to hear The Smiths cover Lord Kill the Pain. It would have worked so well on The Queen is Dead.

Now, back to the rain...


red house painters- down colorful hill


Technical Information:

Artist: Red House Painters
Album: Down Colorful Hill
Year: 1992

Audio Codec(s): FLAC
Encoding: Lossless
Rip: EAC split tracks
Avg. bitrate: 774 Kbps
Sample rate: 44100 Hz
Bits per sample: 16
Channels: 2
File size: 241 MB
Length: 0:43:37


Tracklisting:

01. 24 (6:48)
02. Medicine Botttle (9:49)
03. Down Colorful Hill (10:52)
04. Japanese to English (4:42)
05. Lord Kill the Pain (6:03)
06. Michael (5:23)


red house painters- down colorful hill


Down Colorful Hill Megaupload Link