.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Online CPM Advertising | Advertising blog

Yoko Ono- Approximately Infinite Universe (1972)- EAC CD Rip (FLAC)

album cover
I'll say one thing about Yoko Ono. She can write some of the most personal lyrics this side of Elliott Smith. Everything she writes is so honest and straight-forward- painfully honest at times. Gimmee a sec. Check out these lyrics:

Age 39, looking over from my hotel window,
Blue dots and red dots skating away in the park.
I used to be there twenty years ago,
Huffing over a mug hot chocolate drink.

Age 39, looking over from my hotel window,
Wondering if one should jump off or go to sleep.
People tell you up is better than down,
But they never tell you which is up and which is down.

Age 39, looking over from my hotel window,
95 pound bundle but it's trouble when there's nowhere to leave.
People say stardust and golddust are it,
But they never tell you it chokes you just as sawdust does.

Age 39, feeling pretty suicidal,
The weight gets heavier when you've bled thirty years.
Show me your blood, john, and i'll show you mine,
They say it's running even when you're asleep.

No trace of resentment, no trace of regrets,
One blood's thinner but both look red and fresh.
If i ever die, please go to my daughter
And tell her that she used to haunt me in my dreams.
(that's saying a lot for a neurotic like me.)

Age 39, looking over from my hotel window,
Trying to tackle away with heart of clay.
The weight gets lighter when there's nowhere to turn,
God's little dandruff floating in the air.

Age 39, looking over the world,
Age 39, floating over the world,
Age 39,...mm-mm...floating along.


Damnnnnnnnnnn. Crazy good. My only complaint with this album is that Yoko was attempting to go mainstream musically, but still had the crazy lyrics, which makes for a strange mix. Crazy music would have been a better choice. Other than that- it's all good.


album cover

Technical Information:

Artist: Yoko Ono
Album: Approximateley Infinite Universe
Year: 1972

Audio Codec(s): FLAC
Encoding: Lossless
Rip: EAC Split-Tracks-log+.cue
Avg. bitrate: 811 kbps
Sample rate: 44100 Hz
Bits per sample: 16
Channels: 2
File size: 538 MB
Length: 1:32:44


Yoko Ono- Yang Yang Yoko Ono- Move on Fast

Personnel:

Yoko Ono: vocals, piano ("Looking Over From My Hotel Window", "She Gets Down on Her Knees")
Stan Bronstein: saxophone, flute, clarinet
Richard Frank, Jr.: drums, percussion
Daria Prince: castanet
Gary Van Scyoc: bass, trumpet
Adam Ippolito: piano, organ, harmonuim, trumpet
Wayne Gabriel: guitar
Joel Nohnn (John Lennon): guitar, background vocals

All songs composed by Yoko Ono
Produced by Yoko Ono and John Lennon
Arrangement: Yoko Ono
String orchestration: Ron Frangipane


album cover

Tracklisting:

Disc One:

01. Yang Yang (3:50)
02. Death of Samantha (6:22)
03. I Want My Love To Rest Tonight (5:11)
04. What Did I Do! (4:12)
05. Have You Seen A Horizon Lately (1:57)
06. Approximately Infinite Universe (3:21)
07. Peter The Dealer (4:46)
08. Song for John (2:06)
09. Catman (The Rosies Are Coming) (5:34)
10. What a Bastard The World Is (4:35)
11. Waiting for the Sunrise (2:33)

Disc Two:

01. I Felt Like Smashing My Face In A Clear Glass Window (4:09)
02. Winter Song (3:39)
03. Kite Song (3:18)
04. What a Mess (2:41)
05. Shiranakatta (I Didn't Know) (3:11)
06. Air Talk (3:22)
07. I Have a Woman Inside My Soul (5:33)
08. Move on Fast (3:43)
09. Now or Never (5:49)
10. Is Winter Here To Stay? (4:22)
11. Looking Over From My Hotel Window (3:36)
12. Dogtown (acoustic demo) (bonus track) (2:51)
13. She Gets Down on Her Knees (bonus track) (2:45)


1972


AIU Megaupload Link