Benjy91
Apr 18, 06:06 AM
If I bring this to the Genius Bar, which is the more likely outcome: they will fix it, or exchange it? I'd like to know so I can start copying my files off of the computer.
No harm in copying them now, if they simply fix it, you can delete the copy afterwards?
No harm in copying them now, if they simply fix it, you can delete the copy afterwards?
.jpg)
philipma1957
Feb 18, 04:54 PM
www.applecomponents.com
has the lowest cost replacement parts if you break them
http://www.applecomponents.com/items/076-1360_cable-flex-top-hard-drive-w-sensor-and/0000004780?pn=1&cmp=0167&per_page=30
http://www.applecomponents.com/items/076-1361_cable-flex-optical-drive-w-tape/0000004781?pn=1&cmp=0167&per_page=30
has the lowest cost replacement parts if you break them
http://www.applecomponents.com/items/076-1360_cable-flex-top-hard-drive-w-sensor-and/0000004780?pn=1&cmp=0167&per_page=30
http://www.applecomponents.com/items/076-1361_cable-flex-optical-drive-w-tape/0000004781?pn=1&cmp=0167&per_page=30
jmdeegan
May 3, 10:20 AM
Tried all Best buy does JR electronics have them?
As mentioned a few posts above, no. J and R does not carry them. Only Best Buy and Apple stores.
As mentioned a few posts above, no. J and R does not carry them. Only Best Buy and Apple stores.
iKwick7
Mar 30, 03:08 PM
What does Lego's have to do with Star Wars? Who thought up that idea?
I take it that you have never seen the Star Wars line of legos?
I take it that you have never seen the Star Wars line of legos?
more...
shadrap
Feb 9, 12:53 PM
:p:eek::D:p
moonislune
Sep 22, 04:43 PM
Yes but i want it to work so bad :eek: There has to be someway to make it work and my digital camera has an mpeg record function.
Help i paid $300 bucks for this camrea i doont want to have to spend on isight
You might also try the free osx usb webcam driver. There is a list of supported cams hereclick here (http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/)
Hope this helps. Worse comes to worse, you can probably get into a cheap usb cam for about 20-30 $$.
Help i paid $300 bucks for this camrea i doont want to have to spend on isight
You might also try the free osx usb webcam driver. There is a list of supported cams hereclick here (http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/)
Hope this helps. Worse comes to worse, you can probably get into a cheap usb cam for about 20-30 $$.
more...
.jpg)
mpw
Mar 18, 06:01 AM
What are the best games for Windows right now?...
I haven't played a windows game in ages, but if it were raining my brother and me used to choose a droplet each and race them down to the cill.
Wicked good fun!
I haven't played a windows game in ages, but if it were raining my brother and me used to choose a droplet each and race them down to the cill.
Wicked good fun!
Kissaragi
Apr 28, 07:39 AM
SL has been great for me too. The problems your having must be maddening tho. I had a MDD g4 that would randomly freeze for no reason, drove me up the wall!
more...
doucy2
Dec 4, 01:29 PM
lol, good thing you sold it, but he paid high for a used shuffle. 99$ seems like a great price shipped but I hate the fact that the shuffle shuffles!
the shuffleing function can be turned off
btw i sent you a PM
the shuffleing function can be turned off
btw i sent you a PM
iPoster
Mar 29, 07:34 PM
That easy? I thought I would be something more complicated...thanks for the help!
more...
.jpg)
dornball
Jul 9, 06:30 PM
definitely a scam.
there's something to the saying " if its too good to be true, then it probably is."
my advice is......walk away.
i myself got ripped off by one of these deals.....selling a powerbook+23" cinema display.
don't make this mistake.
-dornball
there's something to the saying " if its too good to be true, then it probably is."
my advice is......walk away.
i myself got ripped off by one of these deals.....selling a powerbook+23" cinema display.
don't make this mistake.
-dornball
.jpg)
Chupa Chupa
May 4, 08:42 PM
Thanks. So, the 27" iMac would support two external 22" hdmi/vga displays then?
Yes, the 27" supports two external monitors via TB. Each port can support one monitor and 5 other data devices (or no video and 6 data devices). You'd just need the appropriate MDP adapters.
Yes, the 27" supports two external monitors via TB. Each port can support one monitor and 5 other data devices (or no video and 6 data devices). You'd just need the appropriate MDP adapters.
more...
andylyon
Nov 30, 02:40 PM
Finally available to us in the UK!!
RITZFit
Dec 24, 11:54 PM
mohney... could've use a hell of a lot more of it this month though
more...
Soura2112
May 4, 03:30 PM
Besides those of you who got to be at NAMM, I really want to know more about FCX. I read the blogs and watched the bad video of the show except I really want to know more about FCX. It's under a month away so why keep so much secret... This is an application not an iPhone so I don't see a reason not to go into more detail. Just put up on the website. Yes my patience is wearing thin because I have been waiting for an update for a very long time. In my view I don't see a problem with apple telling us more about this product.
I'm obviously excited and from what I read many others are to, so just give us a little info to hold us over.
I'm obviously excited and from what I read many others are to, so just give us a little info to hold us over.
kalimojo
Apr 9, 09:34 AM
many thanks its working
more...

NickFalk
Dec 11, 03:41 AM
Hi there a few months back I upgraded my G4 733Mhz Quicksilver with a dual 1,6 Ghz card from Powerlogix. I initialy experienced some problems with the computer turning off on it's own accord after an hour or so of use. After changing the settings in the energy-panel to highest performance this seemed to stop.
Anyway I recently had the brilliant idea (not) of replacing the fan above my harddisk in the vain hope to reduce some noise (which has been the only negative side to my experience with this computer). Everything seemed to work fine initially but suddenly the machine once again started to switch off on it's own account.
I therefore put the original fan back, but the machine still switches off when I push it just a little bit too hard. Nothing fancy really, just a few apps open and running MAME. According to Powerlogix CPU Director was running just south of 109 F when the machine swithched off.
This of course makes me worry more than just a little bit.
My only*real hope is that I have maybe inserted the original fan backwards? Could someone just please tell me whether the sticker on the fan should point outwards into the computer or if it should be pointing away, into the "wall" not being visible.
Thanking you all in advance for your kind help! :)
Anyway I recently had the brilliant idea (not) of replacing the fan above my harddisk in the vain hope to reduce some noise (which has been the only negative side to my experience with this computer). Everything seemed to work fine initially but suddenly the machine once again started to switch off on it's own account.
I therefore put the original fan back, but the machine still switches off when I push it just a little bit too hard. Nothing fancy really, just a few apps open and running MAME. According to Powerlogix CPU Director was running just south of 109 F when the machine swithched off.
This of course makes me worry more than just a little bit.
My only*real hope is that I have maybe inserted the original fan backwards? Could someone just please tell me whether the sticker on the fan should point outwards into the computer or if it should be pointing away, into the "wall" not being visible.
Thanking you all in advance for your kind help! :)
touchdownjesus4
May 6, 07:04 AM
TouchDown, do those utilities such as Data Rescue 3 and Disk Warrior actually work? thanks for the help :)
Yes, I recently had an issue where I deleted a partition off my hard drive and was able to get everything back off of it even though it was labeled as "free space." I would highly recommend Data Rescue 3. It might even be able to repair your drive even though disk utility couldn't.
Yes, I recently had an issue where I deleted a partition off my hard drive and was able to get everything back off of it even though it was labeled as "free space." I would highly recommend Data Rescue 3. It might even be able to repair your drive even though disk utility couldn't.
nickane
Jan 18, 05:24 AM
The only logical thing, should anything get released, would be Final Cut Server.
Other related products are DVD Studio Pro 5, Blu-Ray Drives, Phenomenon (Shake Successor) and Cinema Displays. I do not expect the first three until NAB at the earliest. The Displays maybe at the developers conference.
Apple would not announce Newton 2 at a Final Cut User Event.
Altogether accurate except for the fact that FCS wouldn't qualify as much of a secret. If you read the thread on the original appleinsider article, you'd get a hint as to why Jobsy didn't show:
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82733
The organizer of the LAFCPUG Supermeet in question claimed he started this rumor. I'm not sure if he was joking or not.
Fairly annoying really. In all my years visiting rumour sites, I've never got my hopes up about something only to learn that it was a fabrication by a singular person in the industry I work with some kind of agenda (presumably to increase turnout at his FC Meet). But then, that's the nature of the rumour beast, I guess. Phenomenon, Bluray, DVDSP5 and the ACDs will just all have to wait.
Other related products are DVD Studio Pro 5, Blu-Ray Drives, Phenomenon (Shake Successor) and Cinema Displays. I do not expect the first three until NAB at the earliest. The Displays maybe at the developers conference.
Apple would not announce Newton 2 at a Final Cut User Event.
Altogether accurate except for the fact that FCS wouldn't qualify as much of a secret. If you read the thread on the original appleinsider article, you'd get a hint as to why Jobsy didn't show:
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82733
The organizer of the LAFCPUG Supermeet in question claimed he started this rumor. I'm not sure if he was joking or not.
Fairly annoying really. In all my years visiting rumour sites, I've never got my hopes up about something only to learn that it was a fabrication by a singular person in the industry I work with some kind of agenda (presumably to increase turnout at his FC Meet). But then, that's the nature of the rumour beast, I guess. Phenomenon, Bluray, DVDSP5 and the ACDs will just all have to wait.
chstr
Oct 1, 08:13 PM
the above meant Andres Segovia. also Julian Bream and John Williams are great classical players. Paco Pena and Paco DeLucia are great flamenco artists. Try Pierre Bensusan for fingerstyle stuff
Ugg
Dec 20, 03:44 PM
I like it. Some privacy advocates don't like it, but I for one am more paranoid about giving out my SSN. If someone wants your print they could get it from the keyboard you type your password/pin in. You can't lose your finger print, or have it stolen (without knowing it's missing right away). These devices are already pretty good at ignoring 'fakes', and I've seen some that have hea sensors to make sure the 'finger' being read is warm enough to be a persons.
Anyways, in my experience with them they are alright. I would like to have one at home that I could use for my passwords at websites and such. Have my password be a random series of characters and have the reader insert it only after verifying my finger. Would work nice. Same for the ATM... no mor lost cards or trying to keep the guy behind me from seeing my PIN...
Did you ever see that James Bond movie where a guy offers 007 a drink and then takes it to analyze his fingerprints after he handled it? The fingerprints matched although later 007 peeled off the fake prints from his fingers. Whether this is feasible or not I don't know, but fingerprints alone seems like a pretty risky strategy. If it were a matter of fingerprints only I bet there will be a rash of missing fingers and it wouldn't be hard to heat them to body temperature....
Anyways, in my experience with them they are alright. I would like to have one at home that I could use for my passwords at websites and such. Have my password be a random series of characters and have the reader insert it only after verifying my finger. Would work nice. Same for the ATM... no mor lost cards or trying to keep the guy behind me from seeing my PIN...
Did you ever see that James Bond movie where a guy offers 007 a drink and then takes it to analyze his fingerprints after he handled it? The fingerprints matched although later 007 peeled off the fake prints from his fingers. Whether this is feasible or not I don't know, but fingerprints alone seems like a pretty risky strategy. If it were a matter of fingerprints only I bet there will be a rash of missing fingers and it wouldn't be hard to heat them to body temperature....
canada eh
May 4, 01:33 PM
Hi,
I got my iphone 4 last October and now with normal every-day usage the battery is almost dead half way through the day. Do I need to calibrate the battery? If I do how would I go about doing that?
Thanks in advance :)
I got my iphone 4 last October and now with normal every-day usage the battery is almost dead half way through the day. Do I need to calibrate the battery? If I do how would I go about doing that?
Thanks in advance :)
Eidorian
Oct 20, 10:30 PM
I've been doing nothing but GPU folding even with a Q6600 or Core i5 750. :(
michael.lauden
Mar 19, 06:24 PM
I have had no problems pushing a Vizio 47" LCD, or a LG 37" LCD with my 5 year old Mac mini, 3 year old MacBook (both in sig), or my girlfriend's '09 13"MBP.


